Top Categories

Black Rifle Syndicate 80% Lower Receivers

Black Rifle Syndicate is a new startup in the firearms industry, and their first offering is a bit unique. They have launched a Rocket Hub project that is essentially a pre-order for 80% billet lower receivers.

If you’re not familiar with Rocket Hub, it’s a crowd sourcing website that allows people to sign up and financially support different projects. In return for financial support, companies can offer various levels of incentives. In the case of Black Rifle Syndicate, these levels consist of 80% lower receivers (quantity, anodizing, choice of aluminum, etc). All in all a very cool way to conduct a pre-order and get your business off the ground.

80% Lower Receivers

80% LowerIf you’re not familiar with an 80% lower receiver, this post will explain why you should want one. Since Sandy Hook, they have been nearly impossible to find, and Black Rifle Syndicate is trying to change all of that.

As mentioned, there are several different levels of support. The base level of $65 gets you one 6061 billet 80% lower receiver, non-anodized. I chose the $110 level, which is a 7075 billet 80% lower receiver anodized in either black or silver, because the 7000 series aluminum is much harder than the 6000 series.

You can purchase an 80% lower here. The target delivery date is end of July/beginning of August.

About Black Rifle Syndicate

We decided to start Black Rifle Syndicate to serve two fold: one, to provide our customers with high quality firearm products and services and two, to create jobs for veterans in our local community. Black Rifle Syndicate is owned by a veteran of the United States Army Infantry.

The purpose of our crowd funding campaign is to raise awareness for our firearms manufacturing operations. Products offered will start with milled 80% AR15 lower receivers made from 6061 and 7075 billet aluminum. All of our lowers will be produced to meet and exceed military specifications. Once operations have begun and we have gained the required FFL for manufacture, we will also begin production of completed AR15 lower receivers as well as other firearm platforms and components.

, ,

10 Responses to Black Rifle Syndicate 80% Lower Receivers

1. Kris May 24, 2013 at 2:26 pm #

Sierra Nevada Arms is doing the exact same thing, on the same site, for literally just a hair over half the cost of what these guys are offering.

• Kevin May 24, 2013 at 11:27 pm #

Good luck with that. Sometimes things are too good to be true and at $35 I’ll trust my money some where else.

• Kris May 31, 2013 at 11:38 am #

In every possible way I have a choice, I won’t help out a Cali company, firearms related or not. I’ll take my chances on a company from Arizona.

2. Will May 24, 2013 at 8:39 pm #

To bad I have yet to find someone who can drill/mill the remaining 20% in my area (Amarillo, TX) in any case what is the average price to have the 20% finished?

• Brandon May 24, 2013 at 9:43 pm #

I could be wrong, but I think you’re supposed to finish the lower yourself. There are ways to get creative though. For example, Ares Armor regularly holds classes where people can come in a finish their lower using their machines.

If you can’t find something like that near you, can buy a jig and a mill. More helpful tips can be found here, and if you search around you can find plenty of resources.

• Will May 25, 2013 at 1:44 am #

Thank you Brandon.

3. Will Wingfield July 31, 2013 at 4:50 pm #

I’ve done several. I’ve made it through the learning curve and even made my own jigs. Now I have a slight advantage in that I own a small machine shop and have some experience with machining. I’ll say this. It’s not as easy as some would suggest. You need good tools to do s good job. Crappy tooling yields crappy parts. Research your lowers, they are NOT all the same, manufacturing tolerances can vary quite a bit. Finally, invest in some research for your dimensioning.
    Good luck
    Fire 4 Effect

4. gpatte September 6, 2013 at 7:19 am #

with stabilizing pricing on 80% lowers, Is there any advantage to billet lower from satactical or going with forged from say gunpartsplus.com ?

5. Peter September 20, 2013 at 7:08 pm #

I funded through this program but have not been able to contact them (where I got a reply at least) with an estimated delivery date or any other form of followthrough. Brandon, have you heard back from them since you funded?

• Brandon September 20, 2013 at 9:18 pm #

Peter,

Everyone should have gotten an email from BRS. Long story short, they did not meet their funding goals, so they were forced to make some changes to the pre-orders. I ended up asking for a refund, and they promptly refunded my money. You can see the details here. https://www.facebook.com/BlackRifleIndustries/posts/581060271958550

If you still aren’t able to get in touch with them, email me – brandon@monderno.com – and I’ll help get you squared away.