From the co-founder of Smith & Bradley watches comes a really cool new product aimed at the survival/preparedness market, and it’s called the Beacon. The Beacon is a solar-powered, rechargeable, waterproof, and crush-proof case for electronic devices.
The Beacon is currently up on Kickstarter, and I’m really looking forward to it hitting the market this summer. As is usually the case with Kickstarter, this is your chance to get in on the ground floor and get the product at a discount, in this case nearly 50% off of the target retail.
Check out the Kickstarter video to see how it works:
From the Beacon website:
- 6.75″ long, 4.5″ wide, 2″ thick
- 15 ounces weight
- Fully waterproof and floatingâ€”even with a device
- Top has 12 White High intensity LED lights (TESTED visibility at Â¾ mile in blinking mode)
- Top also has 8 yellow low intensity LED light (to retain night vision)
- Polymer Lithium Ion rechargeable battery fully-recharged in 36 hours via solar panel
- Three USB charging ports for phones and tablets – 2 ports 5v 1.0A and 1 port 5v 2.1A
- Battery power life indicator (25% 50% 75% 100%)
- The Beacon uses a Polymer Lithium Ion battery to operate the lights and to charge electronic devices and has a 10,000 mAh rating